Giving to TFT
Your tax-deductible gift to TFT will make an immediate impact on the quality of the education TFT students receive. Whether you choose to support student scholarships, an individual unit in the school, or the Dean’s Greatest Needs fund, every dollar counts.
To find out more about the various programs you can support, call or email Patricia Biggi in the Office of Development and Industry Relations at (310) 794-1217 or email@example.com.
You may also give online by clicking here,
or send a check, made out to UCLA Foundation, to:
UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television
Office of Development and Industry Relations
202 East Melnitz Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095
If you do not specify a purpose, your gift will be allocated to the Dean’s Greatest Needs fund, which supports all facets of TFT.
Spotlight on Special Gifts
- Matt Groening endows chair in Animation Building upon the success his Groening Initiative, which funds short films at TFT, Matt Groening, creator of “The Simpsons,” endowed a chair in the School’s world famous animation program in 2012. This gift allows TFT to bring distinguished visiting artists to teach every year.Read more
- Frank Marshall funds Telluride/TFT FilmLab With Frank Marshall's generous long-term gift, in 2011 TFT launched FilmLAB with the Telluride Film Festival, a unique comprehensive festival and industry mentoring experience for select TFT grad students.Read more
- Mariska Hargitay Scholarship for Acting Students Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning actress and TFT alumna Mariska Hargitay, ’87, (“Law & Order: SVU”) supported her alma mater in 2011 with a $100K donation toward an acting scholarship.Read more
- DISNEY'S SHUMACHER HONORS DONOR ELIZABETH WHITNEY Thomas Schumacher, ’80, producer and president of Disney Theatrical Group, and Dean Teri Schwartz feted alumna Elizabeth Kubota Whitney, ’80, at New York’s historic New Amsterdam Theater in April 2011 for her generous $750,000 donation to TFT.Read more
- Jeff Burke Awarded $7.9 Million For New Internet Research In 2010, the National Science Foundation’s Directorate for Computer and Information Science and Engineering awarded $7.9 million to a team of researchers, including principal investigator Jeff Burke, TFT’s director of technology research initiatives, to develop a more robust Internet.Read more
- TFT receives $100,000 grant from Hollywood Foreign Press TFT received a major grant from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association totaling more than $100,000. It was the second largest individual award announced at the HFPA's annual Installation Luncheon on July 28, 2010.Read more
- $50,000 for UCLA Theater Master Class SeriesThe Los Angeles Philanthropic Committee for the Arts pledged $50,000 in June 2010 to the UCLA Department of Theater to support a two-year series of master classes.Read more
- David C. Copley funds cutting-edge costume design center An unprecedented gift of $6 million from philanthropist David C. Copley supported the establishment in 2009 of the David C. Copley Center for Costume Design and chair held by Deborah Landis, award-winning costume designer and scholar, to advance scholarship and practice in the field.Read more
- Schultz Family Foundation Supports Archive Equipment The UCLA Film & Television Archive received a donation from cinephiles Ken and Carol Schultz for the purchase of equipment to transfer 35mm film to digital formats. It was their desire to expedite the restoration of film and to allow for greater public access of classic films.Read more