Giving to TFT
Your tax-deductible gift to TFT will make an immediate impact on the quality of the education TFT students receive. Whether you choose to support student scholarships, an individual unit in the school, or the Dean’s Greatest Needs fund, every dollar counts.
To find out more about the various programs you can support, call or email Chria Hazlitt in the Office of Development and Industry Relations at (310) 794-1217 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also give online by clicking here,
or send a check, made out to UCLA Foundation, to:
UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television
Office of Development and Industry Relations
202 East Melnitz Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095
If you do not specify a purpose, your gift will be allocated to the Dean’s Greatest Needs fund, which supports all facets of TFT.
A Few Recent Exciting Special Gifts
- Matt Groening endows chair in Animation "Simpsons" creator Matt Groening builds upon his success with the Groening Initiative, funding short films, by endowing a chair in the School's world famous animation program. This gift will allow TFT to bring distinguished visiting artists to teach in our Animation program every year.Read more
- David C. Copley funds cutting-edge costume design center An unprecedented gift of $6 million from philanthropist David C. Copley supported the establishment of the David C. Copley Center for Costume Design and Chair held by Deborah Landis, award-winning costume designer & scholar, to advance scholarship and practice in the field.Read more
- Frank Marshall funds Telluride/TFT FilmLab With Frank Marshall's generous long-term gift, TFT has launched an extraordinary new program with the Telluride Film Festival. FilmLab - a unique comprehensive festival and industry mentoring experience for select TFT grad students launched 2011.Read more
- Mariska Hargitay Scholarship for Acting Students Emmy® and Golden Globe® Award-winning actress and TFT alumna Mariska Hargitay (“Law & Order: SVU”) is supporting her alma mater with a $100K donation towards an acting scholarship, Dean Teri Schwartz has announced.Read more
- Jeff Burke Awarded $7.9 Million For New Internet Research The National Science Foundation’s Directorate for Computer and Information Science and Engineering awarded $7.9 million to a team of researchers, including Principal Investigator Jeff Burke, TFT’s Director of Technology Research Initiatives., to develop a more robust Internet.Read more
- Disney's Schumacher honors donor Elizabeth Whitney Co-hosts Thomas Schumacher ’80, Producer and President of Disney Theatrical Group, and Dean Teri Schwartz were on hand April 7 to honor donor and alumna Elizabeth Kubota Whitney ’80 at New York's historic New Amsterdam Theater.Read more
- Schultz Family Foundation Supports Archive Equipment Cinephiles Ken and Carol Schultz recently donated to the UCLA Film & Television Archive for the purchase of equipment to transfer 35mm film to digital formats to promote greater public accessibility and to expedite the restoration process.Read more
- School receives $100,000 grant from Hollywood Foreign Press The UCLA School of Theater Film and Television has received major grant from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association totaling more than $100,000, the second largest individual award announced at the HFPA's annual Installation Luncheon on July 28.Read more