Department of Theater
- Theater Season Explore what's in store for the Department of Theater's 2020-21 season, including The Last Days of Judas Iscariot and the rock musical Hair, just to name a few!Learn more
- Actor Showcases Annual events that spotlight the talents of undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in the UCLA TFT Acting program.Learn more
- Center for Performance Studies Exploring global encounters through research, performance and community buildingLearn more
Theater Course Descriptions Current course descriptions taken from the UCLA Registrar's Office General Course Catalog.Learn more
Theater Internships The UCLA Theater Internship Program is open to enrolled students from the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television and the UCLA College. Only juniors, seniors and graduate students are permitted to take theater internships.Learn more
- Theater LABThe TFT Theater Lab was launched in 2011 when distinguished playwright Eve Ensler (The Vagina Monologues) used the space to workshop her newest play, O.P.C.: Obsessive Political Correctness, collaborating with student actors and assistants.Read more
- Hearst Theater Lab Initiative A gift from the William Randolph Hearst Foundation, the Hearst Theater Lab Initiative advances the Department of Theater as a destination for playwriting excellence and funds three pillars, including the Distinguished-Playwright-in-Residence Program.Read more
- UCLA Theater Virtual Institute The UCLA Theater Virtual Institutes are performance intensives that are offered remotely throughout the academic year. These weekend workshops are open to high school, college and professional students who would like to focus and improve specific aspects of their performance.Learn more
UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television is a member school with the University Resident Theatre Association. Founded in in 1969, URTA’s mission is to support excellence in the professional training of theater artists, ensuring the continued renewal of American theater.
UCLA is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST).