Transfer Film BA Admissions
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
For transfer students, the Bachelor of Arts in Film and Television is a two-year program for those who have completed two years of general college studies. The Department of Film, Television and Digital Media (FTVDM) admits new students only once each year for the Fall Quarter.
Together, all of the application materials will provide the admissions committee a clear and compelling picture of who you are. The application materials should include your significant life experiences, your most important personal traits and greatest strengths, your special creative talents, your values and goals in life, and your vision for the kind of work you hope to pursue.
An applicant should demonstrate a strong liberal arts and humanistic education, exceptional literacy, outstanding communication skills and unique creative ability. Prior experience in film and television is not required.
We do not accept films, DVDs or CDs.
Applicants must submit all required application materials to be considered for admission.
UC Application Deadline: November 30, 2022
Transfer Supplemental Application Deadline: January 11, 2023
Please complete all of the following steps:
Step 1: UC Application
- Complete the University of California Application for Undergraduate Admission.
- Must be completed online October 1–November 30, 2022.
- Indicate Film and Television as the First Choice Major.
- For more information on UCLA Undergraduate Admissions, go to: http://www.admission.ucla.edu/
Step 2: Supplemental Application
- Complete the Undergraduate FTVDM Supplemental Application.
- Must be completed ONLINE by January 11, 2023.
- A supplemental application fee of $20 will be required.
- Create an account with Acceptd.
- Note: This is not the same login used for the UC Application.
- Complete all required information.
- Indicate areas of interest within Film.
- Select the GE Plan completed. For information on the TFT General Education requirements, visit http://www.tft.ucla.edu/ge.
- Upload Supplemental Materials.
- Personal Essay (2 page max).
- Life Challenge Essay (2 page max)
- Critical Essay (3 page max).
- Creative Writing (5 page max).
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Enter the names and emails of all recommenders into the film Undergraduate Supplemental Application
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts.
- Have at least a 3.2 GPA.
- Satisfy the University of California’s General Transfer Admission Requirements.
- Complete a minimum of 60 semester/90 quarter units of transferable work.
- Complete ONE of the following General Education Plans:
- UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television GE Requirements.
- Another UC campus GE Requirements.
- Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) at a California Community College.
For more information on requirements and applying to UCLA as an International Student, visit http://www.admission.ucla.edu/prospect/intl.htm.
For U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents interested in receiving financial aid in the 2023-2024 year, note that the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) deadline for UCLA is March 2, 2023. Applicants must complete the FAFSA by this date if they want to be eligible for all awards, work-study, and scholarships that UCLA offers. If applying after March 2, please check with the Financial Aid Office for available funding opportunities. www.financialaid.ucla.edu
DREAM ActFor non-US Citizens or non-Permanent Residents who are approved to pay in-state tuition because they graduated from a high school in California; they will need to complete the California DREAM application by the March 2, 2023 deadline. The DREAM application can be accessed at https://dream.csac.ca.gov. If applying after March 2, please check with the Financial Aid Office for available funding opportunities. www.financialaid.ucla.edu
If you have any additional questions, call 310-206-8441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please do not contact the department to check on your application, as we cannot update you on your application status or materials.