Change of Major Film BA Admissions
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
For current UCLA students, the Bachelor of Arts in Film and Television is a two-year program for those who have completed two years of general college studies. The Department of Film, Television and Digital Media (FTVDM) admits new students only once each year for the Fall Quarter.
Together, all of the application materials will provide the admissions committee a clear and compelling picture of who you are. The application materials should include your significant life experiences, your most important personal traits and greatest strengths, your special creative talents, your values and goals in life, and your vision for the kind of work you hope to pursue.
An applicant should demonstrate a strong liberal arts and humanistic education, exceptional literacy, outstanding communication skills, and unique creative ability. Prior experience in film and television is not required.
We do not accept films, DVDs or CDs.
Applicants must submit all required application materials to be considered for admission.
Change of Major Deadline: December 9, 2022 – January 11, 2023
For FALL 2022, Change of Major applications will be submitted ONLINE.
Please complete all of the following steps:
Step 1: Online Application
- Complete the Undergraduate Program Change Petition
- Complete the Undergraduate FTVDM Supplemental Application.
- Must be submitted by December 9, 2022 - January 11, 2023.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Fee Waiver Code.
- Complete all required information.
- Indicate areas of interest within Film.
- Select the GE Plan completed. For information on the TFT General Education requirements, visit http://www.tft.ucla.edu/ge.
- Upload Supplemental Materials.
- Completed Program Change Petition
- Personal Essay (2 page max).
- Life Challenge Essay (2 page max).
- Critical Essay (3 page max).
- Creative Writing (5 page max).
- Submit Two Letters of Recommendation.
- Enter the names and emails of all recommenders into the Undergraduate FTVDM Supplemental Application.
- Submit Unofficial UCLA Transcripts.
- Have at least a 3.2 GPA.
- Enroll at UCLA in Winter & Spring Quarters of the current academic year.
- Complete a minimum of 90 and not exceed a maximum of 135 quarter units of coursework.
- Complete ONE of the following General Education Plans:
- UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television GE Requirements.
- Another UCLA Major GE Requirements.
For U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents interested in receiving financial aid in the 2023-2024 year, note that the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) deadline for UCLA is March 2, 2023. Applicants must complete the FAFSA by this date if they want to be eligible for all awards, work-study, and scholarships that UCLA offers. If applying after March 2, please check with the Financial Aid Office for available funding opportunities. www.financialaid.ucla.edu
DREAM ActFor non-US Citizens or non-Permanent Residents who are approved to pay in-state tuition because they graduated from a high school in California; they will need to complete the California DREAM application by the March 2, 2023 deadline. The DREAM application can be accessed at https://dream.csac.ca.gov. If applying after March 2, please check with the Financial Aid Office for available funding opportunities. www.financialaid.ucla.edu
If you have any additional questions, call 310-206-8441, or email email@example.com.
** Please do not contact the department to check on your application, as we cannot update you on your application status or materials.