Freshman Film BA Admissions
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
For freshmen, the Bachelor of Arts in Film and Television is a four-year program consisting primarily of two years of general college studies and two years of major coursework. The Department of Film, Television and Digital Media (FTVDM) admits new students only once each year for the Fall Quarter.
Together, all of the application materials will provide the admissions committee a clear and compelling picture of who you are. The application materials should include your significant life experiences, your most important personal traits and greatest strengths, your special creative talents, your values and goals in life, and your vision for the kind of work you hope to pursue.
An applicant should demonstrate a strong liberal arts and humanistic education, exceptional literacy, outstanding communication skills and unique creative ability. Prior experience in film and television is not required.
We do not accept films, DVDs or CDs.
Applicants must submit all required application materials to be considered for admission.
UC Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
Freshman Supplemental Application Deadline: December 10, 2021
Please complete all of the following steps:
Step 1: UC Application
- Complete the University of California Application for Undergraduate Admission.
- Online application period: November 1–November 30, 2021.
- Indicate Film and Television as the First Choice Major.
- For more information about UCLA Undergraduate Admissions, go to: http://www.admission.ucla.edu/
Step 2: Supplemental Application
- Complete the Undergraduate FTVDM Supplemental Application.
- Must be completed ONLINE by December 10, 2021.
- A supplemental application fee of $20 will be required.
- Create an account with Acceptd.
- Note: This is not the same login used for the UC Application.
- Complete all required information.
- Indicate areas of interest within Film.
- Upload Supplemental Materials
- Personal Essay (2 page max)
- Life Challenge Essay (2 page max)
- Writing Sample
- Critical Essay (3 page max)
- Creative Writing (5 page max)
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Enter the names and emails of all recommenders into the Undergraduate FTVDM Supplemental Application.
- Upload unofficial copies of all transcripts.
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA (CA Residents) or 3.4 GPA (Non-CA Residents).
- Satisfy the University of California’s General Freshman Admission Requirements.
For more information on requirements and applying to UCLA as an International Student, visit http://www.admission.ucla.edu/prospect/intl.htm.
For U.S. citizens and permanent residents interested in receiving financial aid in the 2022-2023 year, note that the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) deadline for UCLA is March 2, 2022. Applicants must complete the FAFSA by this date if they want to be eligible for all awards, work-study, and scholarships that UCLA offers. If applying after March 2, please check with the Financial Aid Office for available funding opportunities. www.financialaid.ucla.edu
DREAM ActFor non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent residents who are approved to pay in-state tuition because they graduated from a high school in California; they will need to complete the California DREAM application by the March 2, 2022 deadline. The DREAM application can be accessed at https://dream.csac.ca.gov. If applying after March 2, please check with the Financial Aid Office for available funding opportunities. www.financialaid.ucla.edu
If you have any additional information, call 310-206-8441, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please do not contact the department to check on your application, as we cannot update you on your application status or materials.