Taught by top industry experts and leaders working in the entertainment industry, Professional Programs at the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television offers numerous graduate-level, non-degree courses modeled after UCLA TFT’s world-renowned M.F.A. curriculum. Launched in 1994, Professional Programs has grown exponentially in the past two decades, providing industry professionals with an opportunity to refine their skill sets, while also networking with other like-minded individuals. Graduates have sold material to Disney, Fox, Paramount, Sony and Warner Bros., among others.
Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date on deadlines, new programs, events, alumni and faculty news.
- Acting for the Camera Students in this program attend scene study, acting for the camera and career development workshops, as well as master classes with well known directors, actors, casting directors and producers.Read more
- Producing The Professional Program in Producing provides an intensive overview of the contemporary film and television industries, and introduces students to the tools needed to navigate the studio and independent marketplace.Read more
- Video Game Writing Learn the tools to succeed: Write a fully realized game story in a professional industry-standard narrative design document and create a narrative green-light pitch. Video game writing expert and BAFTA Award winner Marianne Krawczyk leads this intimate workshop limited to 14 students.Read more
- Screenwriting Students in the Professional Program in Screenwriting attend two classes per week: A lecture taught by UCLA TFT Screenwriting Department Lecturer Tim Albaugh and a screenwriting workshop led by a guest professional screenwriter.Read more
- Screenwriting OnlineLike the on-campus program, students in the Screenwriting Online course participate in a group lecture and workshop. High-speed Internet access and a web cam are required.Read more
- Writing for Television Students in the Professional Program in Writing for Television attend two classes per week: A lecture taught by UCLA TFT M.F.A. instructor Neil Landau and a television writing workshop led by a guest professional television writer.Read more
- Writing for Television Online Like the on-campus program, students in the Writing for Television Online course participate in a group lecture and workshop. High-speed Internet access and a web cam are required.Read more
- Alumni The collection of entertainment industry success stories from UCLA Professional Programs includes such alumni as filmmaker James Ponsoldt (The Spectacular Now), actor/producer Uday Chopra, Lucasfilm Creative Executive Rayne Roberts and many more.Read more
- Advanced Workshops If you've successfully completed the year-long Professional Program in Screenwriting, or the year-long Professional Program in Writing for Television, you may enroll in an Advanced Workshop in your corresponding program.Read more