Unique to UCLA, the graduate-level, non-degree offerings of Professional Programs are modeled after the world-renowned M.F.A. curriculum at the prestigious UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television. All Professional Programs classes are offered in the evenings and are taught by industry professionals, many of who also teach in the MFA programs.
Graduates of Professional Programs have sold material to Disney, Fox, Paramount, Sony and Warner Bros., among others.
- Writing for Television Students in the Professional Program in Writing for Television attend two classes per week: A lecture taught by UCLA TFT M.F.A. instructor Neil Landau and a television writing workshop led by a guest professional television writer.Read more
- Writing for Television Online Like the on-campus program, students in the Writing for Television Online course participate in a group lecture and workshop. High-speed Internet access and a web cam are required.Read more
- Producing The Professional Program in Producing provides an intensive overview of the contemporary film and television industries, and introduces students to the tools needed to navigate the studio and independent marketplace.Read more
- Screenwriting Students in the Professional Program in Screenwriting attend two classes per week: A lecture taught by UCLA TFT Screenwriting Department Lecturer Linda Voorhees and a screenwriting workshop led by a guest professional screenwriter.Read more
- Screenwriting OnlineLike the on-campus program, students in the Screenwriting Online course participate in a group lecture and workshop. High-speed Internet access and a web cam are required.Read more
- Alumni The collection of entertainment industry success stories from UCLA Professional Programs includes such alumni as filmmaker James Ponsoldt (The Spectacular Now), actor/producer Uday Chopra, Lucasfilm Creative Executive Rayne Roberts and many more.Read more