Apply for The Scholarship for the M.F.A. Degree Program in Directing
The application period for the scholarship for the M.F.A. degree programs in Film and Television specializing in Directing ends on November 1, 2018, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, for Fall 2019 admittance. One full-ride scholarships for the M.F.A. in Film and Television is designed to give voice to the unique perspective of Arab women.
- UCLA requires that an applicant hold the equivalent to a four-year U.S. bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, comparable in standard and content to a bachelor's degree from the University of California, with a scholastic average of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better — or its equivalent if the letter grade system is not used — for the last 60 semester units or last 90 quarter units of undergraduate study and in any post-baccalaureate study. All applicants to this scholarship MUST fulfill this requirement.
- Any applicant whose first language is not English must certify proficiency in English when applying to UCLA.
- Such applicants must submit scores received on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) as part of their application. The TOEFL is administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) and a minimum of 560 on the paper/pencil test or 87 on the internet-based test is required. IELTS is administered by local IELTS test centers throughout the world. Applicants should consult IELTS for the nearest test center. An IELTS overall band score of at least 7.0 is the minimum required.
- M.F.A. is the degree
- Film and Television is the major
- Production/Directing is the program
- Upload all unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
- On the Personal History Statement Section of the online Graduate Division application, include your interest in the scholarship for the M.F.A. program you select and explain how you give voice to the unique perspective of Indian women. This is your application for the scholarship (maximum 8,000 characters).
- Enter names and emails of at least three recommenders. Recommenders will be sent an automated email with instructions on submitting letters.
- Recommenders should be individuals who know you well, i.e. a teacher, an employer or someone in a position of leadership or responsibility with substantial knowledge of your personal qualities and capabilities.
- Follow all instructions completely. More details can be found on the application worksheet, which will be updated in late September.
The Scholarship for the M.F.A. Degree Program in Directing The Scholarship for the M.F.A. Degree Program in Directing supports graduate film directing students who give voice to the unique perspective of Arab women.Learn more
About UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television (UCLA TFT) UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television (UCLA TFT), based in the heart of Los Angeles, California U.S.A., serves as a premier interdisciplinary professional school that nurtures and develops outstanding humanistic storytellers, industry leaders and scholars.Learn more
Information On The M.F.A. Degree Program in Directing/Production The UCLA TFT M.F.A. degree program in Directing is a four-year graduate program designed to develop artists in film, television and digital media.Learn more
Writing Sample Tips for the Application Process A written "pitch" is a brief (1-2 pages) prose document that should read like a short story and be written in the present tense. It conveys the key elements of your screenplay to make it stand out.Learn more
To apply for the scholarships, you will need to visit the UCLA graduate application webpage and create a new account. The application for the MFA in Film and Television and for this scholarship are one and the same. You can only apply to ONE UCLA graduate program in a calendar year. An application fee of $125.00 USD for international applicants is required. Once on the graduate application page, please make sure of the following:
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.